Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Creamy Potatoe and Creamy Cheese Soup Mixes

For Christmas this past year, I made dry soup mixes to give to friends. They were a big hit all around so I thought I should post them here. Thanks to Dana for the recipes (were in the cookbook she sent me for my birthday).

The best thing about these mixes is that they are both dry. So it is a good food storage recipe. All you need to do is add hot water, hot enough to basically get it hot enough to eat.

I also have heard that you can mix the two together, and it is wonderful that way as well.

Tbs.= tablespoon
tsp=teaspoon
c= cup
pkg= package


Creamy Cheese Soup

2 1.5 oz pkgs. of Knorr Four Cheese Sauce Mix
3 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp pepper
2 pkgs. Lipton Recipe Secrets Vegetable Broth
3 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
3 c. powered coffee creamer
5 Tbs. cornstarch

Mix well. This will make 8 servings at a scant 1/2 c.
Add 1 cup water, stir really well, microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes, stir again
cover and let stand for 3 minutes.

Note: I just stirred in hot water and it worked, I didn't let it stand. The original recipe called for 1 package of cheese and the vegetable mixture, but I thought it needed more, so I added 1 more of each package.


Creamy Potatoe Soup

1 1/2 c. instant mashed potatoes
1 1/2 c. dry milk
2 tbsp. instant chicken bouillion
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 tsp. dried minced onion
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper (I used black pepper and it worked out fine)
1/8 tsp. tumeric
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (like seasonall)

Combine all ingrediants mix well. This makes 6 servings.

Place scant 1/2 c. in bowl, add 1 cup boiling water. Stir til smooth.

Enjoy!!!

By: Debbi's Canning Recipies

No comments: